Customs Brokerage Clerk
B37, Chelmsley Wood, Solihull
Posted 2 weeks ago
- £25000 - £29000/annum
- Expires: 2022-01-16
- B37, Chelmsley Wood, Solihull
- About Company
* Manage exception reporting process accurately and resolve issues and complaints in a timely manner.
* Determine and process time sensitive clearance (import and export)
* Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
* Take requests and queries and resolve them effectively and efficiently.
* Understand and correct HMRC generated messages
* Effective and efficient communication with haulier and EU based transport operations
* Prior to the release/delivery of cargo
* Ensure accurate and correct documentation in place and sense checked
* Secure the payment of cleared funds for:
* COD accounts.
* Duty/Vat invoices.
* Monitor and maintain CCG including closing of TAD documentation.
* Maintain internal monitoring exception reports
* Ensure that the sales department are aware of client activity and business profitability.
* Ensure that the departmental manager is aware of the status of all shipments.
* A clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated.
* Understands when duty is applicable or should be reduced and the documents required to obtain the reduction.
* The ability to complete CFSP/Home Use/IP/OP entries.
* Ability to communicate with clients and when necessary challenge same to determine accurate and clear shipment details.
* The skill to prioritise entry requests
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and deliver results with a high sense of urgency
* Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
* The capacity to work in a high pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
* The ability to instruct shipping lines, hauliers.
* A positive attitude and good problem solving skills and to apply lessons learned.
* Be commercially aware and able to grow repeat business and develop new opportunities.
* The drive to succeed and want to make a contribution to the business