General Manager Fulfillment
Aberdeen, Aberdeen City
Posted 1 week ago
- Expires: 2021-07-10
- Aberdeen, Aberdeen City
- About Company
My client is a successful SME. In partnership we are seeking to appoint a General Manager Fulfillment.
My client is a business that is proud to deliver the finest quality products you can buy, with an excellent brand and more importantly, they are a people-driven organisation with superb core values and a happy workforce. A very desirable place to work.
The positions will be end to end management of their business unit including managing efficiency, productivity and people planning.
* Responsible for delivery of all KPIs including the productivity targets, health & safety standards, and budgets for labour, packaging, transport and consumables, in accordance with agreed targets.
* Continuously review the functions KPIs against agreed targets, putting in place remedial action and improvement plans to ensure targets are met and continuous improvement is delivered.
* Effectively communicate with and lead teams across multiple functions and shifts – motivating the teams through great visual performance management techniques and personal engagement.
* Coach and develop direct reports to drive continuous improvement and strive to increase capacity at the lowest operating costs whilst maintaining quality.
* Develop a continuous improvement culture in the business and implement new projects.
* Demonstrate a Health & Safety commitment across all the functions.
* Responsible for managing and motivating the team to ensure personal and business development objectives are achieved through effective recruitment, communication, training and performance management.
* A very experienced general manager or operations manager with a background in fast-paced Distribution / Logistics / Warehousing.
* A good track record in delivering high performance warehouse operations.
* Proven experience in people management and the ability to deliver results through your team.
* Evidence of a strong collaborative leadership and coaching style to develop and motivate a growing team of varying experience.
* Experience of coaching and development of others encouraging teams to explore opportunities to continuously improve how they do their jobs.
* Demonstrate an ability to problem solve and implement process change to improve operational performance.
* Experience of managing budgets and controlling costs.
What’s on offer?
* A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity.
* An attractive remuneration including a variety of benefits
* The opportunity to join a business that values every employee and hold their company values at the core of all of their activities.
A full job description and company brief will be provided on qualification.
If you are interested in this position, then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Due to the high number of applications, you will only be contacted if your CV is of interest for the role