Land Freight Operator
Posted 3 weeks ago
- £20000 - £28000/annum
- Expires: 2021-10-01
- Basildon, Essex
- About Company
Additons Personnel are currently recruiting for a Land Freight Operator in Basildon, Essex. Our client is a market leader in their field and has established best-practice standards in ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
The role is dealing with the processing of consignments arriving to the U.K. by road from Europe. The role of a Land Freight Operator would suit someone who is commercially aware, and keen to challenge themselves.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prepare import documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
* Liaise with overseas offices, partners & agents.
* Check shipping invoices & packing lists for accuracy.
* Communicate with customers.
* Raise jobs.
* Raise delivery orders.
* Responsible for raising invoices, costing jobs
Skills & Qualifications:
* Previous experience as a Land Freight Operator or in a similar role preferable (experience in freight over one year)
* High organisational skills and ability to manage many projects at the same time.
* Ability to prioritise own workload.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
* Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
This role also comes with excellent Benefits including Private Medical Scheme, Group Pension Plans & Holiday Loyality Days.
Please apply with your current CV