Senior Transport Planner
Posted 6 hours ago
- £30000 - £40000/annum
- Expires: 2021-02-11
- Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- About Company
OnPoint Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Senior Transport Planner for a well known hauiler based in Stoke-On-Trent. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with vast expeierice in a traffic office, Must have a vaild National CPC
Senior Transport Planner – Job Description
Working within a fast-paced Traffic Office environment, this role will involve:
* The planning and routing of work for a fleet of 45 articulated and rigid curtain-sided vehicles and their drivers, including the routing of outbound deliveries and sourcing of backloads, to meet customer requirements and maximise potential vehicle earnings.
* The handling of incoming customer enquiries and bookings (Apply online only) consignments per day), via a combination of entry onto their customer portal, via email and by telephone.
* Day-to-day management of the drivers to optimise performance and efficiency.
* Constant liaison with companies Pallet operation, which currently has a throughput of 500+ pallets per day.
* Co-ordination of warehousing staff to plan loading and groupage.
* Ensuring the accuracy of job details entered on the Stirling Traffic Management System, to reflect the delivery service completed, and the timely follow through of any queries or delivery issues, to ensure that the service has met the customer’s expectations.
Likely core working hours are (phone number removed)hrs or finish, Monday to Friday, plus alternate Saturday mornings, although operational responsibility extends 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
The role also includes being on call during the evening and weekend on alternate weeks.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following skills:
* A 'Hands-On’ Approach and commitment to see the job through to completion.
* Communication and Team Working Skills: The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, drivers and clients in a professional manner, to achieve operational efficiency.
* Organisational Ability and Attention to Detail: In a busy and time-sensitive environment, these skills are fundamental to the provision of the highest standards of service to our customers.
* IT Literacy: IT skills and experience are essential, together with the ability to become skilled in the operation of our Traffic Management System (Stirling Solutions), which forms an integral part of their Business.
* Geographical Knowledge: National and local geographical awareness is fundamental to this role.
* A Flexible Approach: Because our Business operates 24 hours per day, flexibility of working hours will be required.
* A CPC Qualification is a pre-requisite for this role.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, in the range of £30-£40K. Full training will be given to the successful candidate