Coventry, West Midlands (County)
Posted 2 days ago
- Expires: 2021-06-04
- Coventry, West Midlands (County)
- About Company
Due to expansion, our client in the Coventry area is looking to recruit an experienced Transport Administrator, the company are an established Transport/Road Haulage business that run their own fleet of vehicles and work with one of the largest Internet based National Retailers, they are in the process of opening further sites across the country.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a logistics/haulage focused role, within a busy time critical transport office.
You will have first class communication skills, able to plan and manage your work load while working within a fast paced environment.
Ability to work on own initiative and to agreed levels.
Experience of people management and some supervisory experience.
Knowledge of generic Transport Management Systems (ideal but not essential)
You will also have well rounded computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Excel
Salary Dependant on experience
Duties will include;
* Ensuring drivers / resources deployed are on time and to plan (specific reference to fixed resource plan)
* Taking incoming calls from customers and drivers
* Ensuring deliveries are made safely and within industry and company regulatory requirements
* Efficiently and effectively coordinate the delivery of products to the agreed plan, ensuring optimal fleet utilisation.
* Liaising with drivers and other internal and external resources to deliver agreed SLA
* Communicating order status updates to customers, advising of potential hold ups and suggesting alternative solutions
* Working closely with other teams across the business
* Ensure compliance H&S requirements, driver compliance in line with tachograph regulations
* Co-ordinate and manage driver breakdowns, tyre call-outs and any other non-standard activity
* Support on-going maintenance plan as advised by Operations Supervisor /Manager
* Co-ordinate activity between maintenance partners to minimise effect on day to day operation
* Ensure all events are recorded and reported