Bristol, City of Bristol
Posted 2 weeks ago
- Expires: 2021-07-04
- Bristol, City of Bristol
- About Company
PSi are excited to have the opportunity to be recruiting for a Transport Manager for a distribution company based in Bristol. The company specialise in the supply chain for chemical manufacturers.
As the Transport Manager, you will be required to manage the Transport side of the depot, ensuring that all transport activities are performed efficiently, within the health & safety procedures & site targets, whilst meeting the customer's expectations.
The main areas of responsibility include: Leading and developing staff, managing a fleet of 12 vehicles. Compiling reports of cost, profit ( using EBITA) and KPIs.
Benefits: Flexi Holidays, Gym Vouchers, ICare vouchers, Bonus, Mobile Phone
Specific responsibilities & duties of the Transport Manager are:
* Responsible for checking Health and Safety procedures are being adhered to.
* Ensure that Transport Operations delivers on its Customer Excellence targets, working closely with the Operations Manager and General Manager and other depot colleagues
* Manage Tachograph for driver operations
* Contribute to budget and cash flow targets
* Compile reports on results, production of Masternaut reports
* Appraise, train and develop staff directly as well as through line managers
* Work closely with Operations Manager to achieve site targets
* Ensure out of hours emergency calls are dealt with effectively.
Experience & background for the Operations Manager:
* Operations management in the chemicals or associated industry.
* HGV/ CPC desirable
* Good knowledge of UK road network (South West)
* Knowledge/ Understanding of ADR (Transportation of Hazardous chemicals) is essential
* Having held an Operators License would be desirable
* IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications are desirable.
Person Specification for the Operations Manager:
* Logical & Analytical Thinker
* Effective Decision Maker and Problem Solver
* Good Communication Skills – written & oral
* Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
* High level of commitment to the role including out of hours support/call-in
* An organised and structured approach