Posted 3 weeks ago
- Expires: 2021-05-12
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- About Company
Days 4 on 4 off shift basis Full time
Salary £28,000+ bonus
Location Peterborough area
The Transport Operator will be responsible for the planning and co-ordination of all internal/external customers to ensure a smooth and efficient delivery within set targets and budget, whilst meeting the client requirements. This is an exciting position with plenty room for growth with a company expanding rapidly.
For the position of Transport Operator, you need to have a proven track record in the planning and operations, be fluent in using computerised systems and strong UK geographical knowledge. Your work will also involve the management of drivers, planning profitable sheets (PNL) and ensuring exceptional customer service.
You will also have exceptional knowledge of the UK road network, computerised traffic systems and drivers legislation.
Experience & Background for the Transport Operator:
* A proven track record and experience in transport operations as well as great customer service is essential.
* You must have a proven background working in a Transport position (ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience)
* Have worked in a Logistics/Distribution or Warehousing environment (understanding of fast pace and target driven)
* Have strong IT skills, including knowledge of specific Transportation Management systems (Isotrak, Oracle, Microlise)
* Hold relevant Transport legislation & Health/Safety compliance
This role is commutable from Spalding Bourne, Corby, Huntingdon