Posted 2 weeks ago
- £30000 - £35000/annum
- Expires: 2021-02-25
- Coggeshall, Essex
- About Company
A leading haulage company based in North Essex is recruiting for an experienced Transport Planner. This is a great opportunity to join a business which can give you genuine progression opportunities within a fast growing and forward thinking industry.
The position will be Monday to Friday dayshift, 8am – 6pm.
Main Purpose of the Role;
Reporting to the Transport Manager, to plan and execute collection and delivery schedules via the most cost efficient and cost-effective means, in line with the business objectives, customer service levels and current legislative requirements.
The successful Transport Planner will come from a transport planning background within the general haulage or pallet network industries and have proven experience managing a fleet of Rigid / artic vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities;
* Routing of vehicles and covering deliveries across UK.
* Previous experience transport planning in a busy transport office
* Providing good communication with our Traffic office teams and Drivers to ensure customer KPI’s and targets are achieved and maintained.
* Use in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
* Ensuring internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated
* Controlling and planning of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU Drivers’ Hours regulations)
* Plan Rigid & artic work for following day
* Warehouse checks
* Review Manifest and update any amendments/ notes
* Providing rate, quotes and processing customer booking
* Monitoring delivery performance and advising customers of issues affecting time / completion
* Undertake any other ad hoc project or task within the company as required
To Be Considered;
* Experience in planning of Artic vehicles / multi drop deliveries
* Proven transport planning experience
* Competent IT literacy
* CPC Holder an advantage, but not essential
* Salary up to £35K depending on experience
* Genuine career progression opportunities
* Fast paced and busy working environment
For full details, please contact Willis Global – a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry