B37, Chelmsley Wood, Solihull
Posted 6 days ago
- £22000 - £25000/annum
- Expires: 2022-01-20
- B37, Chelmsley Wood, Solihull
- About Company
Our client have been developing a Multimodal transport operation, to incorporate all transport requirements throughout the business to support business demands. The role itself, will primary work as a support function for internal departments and work with the Intermodal Manager to manage the transport booking requirements. The role will be varied and involve interface with all departments, working with suppliers direct and shipping lines as they strengthen their transport operation. Quality control and ensuring they meet transport bookings without fail will be first stage, but will involve proactive development as we expand our operation going forward.
* Haulage allocation and day to day management as required
* Focal Point, both with internal and external customers
* Complete all requirements and or offer alternative options to complete.
Transport service level & Cost Constraints
* Ensure all Haulage requirements are met by approved suppliers.
* Adapt and consider alternative requirements as required
* Balance Cost and Service requirements at all times
* Key Accounts, sustain and develop key flow requirements and provide support to the Multimodal transport manager.
* Supplier KPI monitoring, complete and assist management
* Develop relationships with all suppliers and focal points at Shipping Lines.
* Transport system development and assistance enhancing house systems to support.
* UK Haulage operation, FCL / LCL and warehousing operations
* Intermodal and multiple ports operations
* Good geographic and container inventory knowledge
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent planning and attention to detail
* Excellent communication and influencing skills.
* May be required to work overtime, weekends and/or be flexible in start/finish times
* Willing to travel as required