NN8, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Posted 1 week ago
- £32500/annum Company pension
- Expires: 2022-07-21
- NN8, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
- About Company
The position is accountable for ensuring the operation is planned and executed in line with customer volume requirements, ensuring a tight control is kept of all resources, whilst adhering to all Driver hours and compliance regulations.
The person in role is required to have a broad understanding of logistics, a strong customer focus, excellent communication, and organisational skills.
Shift: 18:00-06:00 (4 on, 4 off)
Some Main Duties
* Effectively manage the driver workforce in line with all EU WTD regulations
* Ensure that senior management are advised of any major issues or threats to account stability
* Build strong productive working relationships with driver team and onsite at the customer.
* Responsible for processing all orders, ensuring all amendments, cancellations and changes are completed.
* Responsible for planning all resources in the most cost-effective manner to meet the customer SLA requirements, ensuring all minimum product silo levels are kept at the customer delivery locations.
* Maximise the utilisation of manpower, vehicles, and road tankers to ensure the best cost-effective plan is produced and executed
* Review the plan daily, managing any changes requested by the customer
* Manage and control agency driver usage, ensuring the lowest weekly spend in this area.
* Ensure the plan incorporates the vehicle/tanker maintenance schedule and achieves 100% compliance.
* Manage driver and vehicle compliance, including infringement sign offs, driver and vehicle tachograph downloads and any other areas that require investigation.
* Background in transport planning
* Sound geographical knowledge
* Understanding of how a supply chain operates
* Good working knowledge of customer production process
* The ability to take ownership of issues & workload
* Understand contracted SLA/KPI’s and associated reporting mechanisms
* Knowledge of Driver hours and UK Working Time Directive legislation
* Vehicle compliance understanding
* Operational background in a logistics environment
* History of managing customer relationships
* Good general proactive communicator
* Financial awareness – able to realise cost saving opportunities
* Background in working with internal business systems
* Excellent IT skills (Microsoft packages, TMS systems)
* A good standard of formal education
* International & UK CPC holder (Preferred)