Posted 2 weeks ago
- £19500 - £20500/annum
- Expires: 2021-08-15
- Andover, Hampshire
- About Company
Crescent Pharma Ltd is one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in the UK, selling over 100 million packs in 2020 making us third largest supplier to the UK market in terms of volume. Andover Depot measures 70,000 ft2 and is one of our primary sites, handling a significant proportion of our total orders making it a fast paced and dynamic work environment. Despite substantial recent growth in all areas of the organisation, Crescent continues to demonstrate the same quality culture and Small Business values that it has been founded on to give staff the best possible experience when working with Crescent. If this sounds like the type of work environment you would enjoy, we are ready to give you the opportunity to grow with our exciting company.
* Despatch orders with maximum efficiency to meet company turnaround targets
* Ensuring traceability by keeping records of what is in the warehouse and where it can be found using an electronic stock management system including hand-held scanners
* Ensure workplace safety with heavy equipment, heavy goods and pharmaceutical products
* Optimise storage space in the warehouse to provide the highest level of efficiency
* Ensure Good Distribution Practices are followed in compliance with our pharmaceutical Wholesale Dealers Licence
State the education, experience, training, and technical skills necessary for entry into this job.
Special demands. This should include any extraordinary conditions applicable to the job (for example, heavy lifting, exposure to temperature extremes, prolonged standing, or travel).
* Valid Counterbalance and Reach Forklift licences (Required)
* Competent using hand-held scanners and electronic stock management systems
* Effective time management and organisation skills
* A flexible approach and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Self-motivation and the ability to work using your own initiative as well as in a team
* Great attention to detail due to the nature of the goods
* The ability to understand and follow defined procedures and regulatory guidelines
* A desire to work towards team and individual performance measures
* A wish to learn new skills and progress your career
* An understanding that you are directly involved in the company’s performance
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Only two features of job responsibility are important: identifying tasks that comprise about 90 to 95 percent of the work done and listing tasks in order of the time consumed (or, sometimes, in order of importance)
* Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, often using a forklift truck
* Checking received stock for damage or missing items and processing for storage, including returned goods
* Transporting goods to the appropriate storage location using a forklift truck and storing safely
* Recording stock on the warehouse management system using hand-held scanners so that it can be located quickly
* Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from their locations and preparing orders for dispatch
* Ensure orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returns
* Maintaining the condition of the warehouse, including operating industrial cleaning equipment
* Following and enforcing workplace health and safety rules as well as company Standard Operating Procedures
* Working hours are swing shifts and will be 6am-3pm Monday-Friday one week. Then 1pm-10pm the following week. This will alternate every week.
* 20 days Holiday per annum. Increasing to 23 days once employee has worked for the company for two years.
* Employee of the month scheme. £100 voucher for employee of the month.
* Employee of the year scheme. £500 voucher for employee of the year