Renault Trucks has revealed that it is to develop its range of electric vehicles to meet the wide variety of urban applications.
The French firm says that these will include an 18 tonne D Wide Z.E., which now joins the 16 and 26 tonne Renault Trucks D Z.E. and D Wide Z.E. models.
The manufacturer is also offering a wider range of wheelbases and special connectivity for refrigerated bodies.
Production of the 18 tonne D Wide Z.E.
Renault says that production of the 18 tonne D Wide Z.E. will be at their Blainville-sur-Orne plant where the D Z.E. and the D Wide Z.E. have been manufactured since 2020.
Equipped with a two-axle chassis for improved manoeuvrability, the 18 tonne D Wide Z.E. is the ideal vehicle for temperature-controlled distribution, with an optimised payload.
In addition, Renault Trucks has designed a new system to increase the energy efficiency of its all-electric trucks equipped with a refrigerated body.
All Renault D Z.E. and D Wide Z.E trucks are now available with a fridge-connection option, which supplies the energy required for the refrigeration system directly from the vehicle’s 600 V traction batteries.
Specifications for the D Wide Z.E.
The technical specifications for the D Wide Z.E. include:
- GVWR of 18 tonnes or 26 tonnes, each +1 tonne dispensation
- Available wheelbases: 3,900mm to 6,800mm
- Two electric engines with a total power of 370 kW (continuous power of 260 kW)
- Maximum torque of electric engines: 850 Nm
- Maximum axle torque: 28 kNm.
- Two-speed gearbox
- Energy storage: lithium-ion batteries, 200 kWh and 265 kWh.
- Operating range: from 100km for waste collection, up to 180 km for distribution.
Specifications for the Renault Trucks D Z.E.
The technical specifications for the Renault Trucks D Z.E. include:
- GVWR of 16 tonnes
- Available wheelbases: 4400mm and 5300mm
- Electric engine with 185 kW power (continuous power of 130 kW)
- Maximum torque of the electric engine: 425 Nm.
- Maximum axle torque: 16 kNm
- Two-speed gearbox
- Energy storage: 200 and 265 kWh lithium-ion batteries
- Operating range: up to 400 km
Extending wheelbases will optimise load distribution
Renault also says that for improved manoeuvrability, they will extend the range of wheelbases available for its D and D Wide Z.E. from 3,900 mm to 6,800 mm, which will optimise load distribution to cover more applications.
As well as distribution, Renault is expecting strong interest from light construction, building supplies and skip operators keen to offer the best possible service to their urban customers.
As part of its commitment to sustainable transport, Renault Trucks has offered the widest all-electric range on the market since 2020.
These trucks do not emit CO2 or NOx (nitrogen oxide) when in use, which means that they can operate regardless of the restrictions put in place by local authorities, even during peak pollution periods.
And, because they are silent, the Renault Trucks Z.E. range can be used in city centres at night without disturbing the sleep of local residents.
The 18 tonne D Wide Z.E. from Renault is available to order now.