Whether in a logistics sector or a fleet-dependent transportation business, fleet management systems are a prerequisite as they’ve become the IoT for transportation.
Helping with many parameters, such as tracking the fleet’s location, conveying the deliverables, and reducing fuel consumption, fleet management systems help optimise the overall driving experience.
But why does fleet management systems became so predominant? Handling a few fleets is relatively easy because you can hire an operator to get the delivery updates on calls.
But when it comes to handling a network of fleets, management can become challenging. Therefore, drivers and managers can rely on fleet management systems to optimise the workspace.
In this article, let’s explore the various benefits fleet management systems can bring to the logistics sector in 2023.
What is a fleet management system?
Fleet management software is a digital tool for logistics businesses to optimise, track and manage a network of fleets. A web-based GPS that provides information and updates the user in real-time is one of the primary applications of the fleet management system.
Five benefits of fleet management systems in 2023
Remote Fleet Management
Using advanced fleet management software, you have the ability to remotely control a network of fleets effortlessly. The provided GPS fleet tracking system gives fleet managers complete control over real-time visibility, including:
- Redirecting fleets when needed.
- Delivery updates at a glance.
- Estimate arrival and departure times for delivery.
Remote fleet management results in better customer service and time management since operators are no longer needed on call.
Increase Vehicle Lifespan & Sustainability
The inbuilt GPS allows fleet managers to track every position and time of the fleet network along with monitoring the overall fleet performance and potential hazards. The fleet management system can increase the vehicle’s mileage and monitor tire wear, oil changes and bad braking habits accordingly.
The sustainability of these fleets, driven by yourzeus, can be increased with innovative ideas and creative thinking in bringing new technologies like Fleet Management Systems to work and meet our never-ending needs for thriving logistic businesses.
Accounting Software Integration
High-tech fleet management systems have the ability to automatically integrate tax and reporting data in the software directly rather than manually entering the information through data entry.
You can have multiple benefits from this integration, including:
- Reduced employee frustration due to automatic data projections.
- Increased productivity in managers and employees as no more time is spent on manual data entry.
- Improved data accuracy due to automatic entry.
- Easy data retrieval without security concerns.
Fleet management systems often prioritise elements like driving behaviour. Driver habits are monitored closely with video and fleet stats recording features to help prevent damage and improve driver safety.
Fuel Consumption Control
Do you know how much your fleet consumes fuel per operation?
Fuel costs drive the majority of operating budgets. Having control over fuel consumption is vital to sustaining the logistics business. However, it’s very challenging to cut costs with constant fuel price fluctuations among calculating the miles-per-gallon matric.
Calculate your estimated fuel costs per month using our fleet fuel calculator.
Having the fleet management system software can benefit you with less challenging decisions to improve:
- Driver behaviour.
- Fleet routes to optimise total miles.
- Idling behaviour.
- Traffic & weather conditions surveillance.
Must Read: How to reduce your fleet fuel consumption?
Which fleet management software is right for you?
As long as there’s a need for a strong structure where fleets heavily rely on an organized system backed by a cloud-based network, it’s necessary to decide which fleet management software to choose among the various available options.
Here’s what you should remember when choosing your software for business:
- Budget: Not only are there one-time purchases but also freemium softwares that require you to pay occasional costs. Does the software need extra licencing/features?
- Necessary options: Many options come with the software as per the business needs, but some options are a must-have and should be ensured they’re included with the price.
- Design: Users must ensure the software is easy to use and maintain according to convenience.
- Easy to use: Ensure the software provides seamless onboarding and generic customer support when needed.
The right fleet management system can help you and your logistics business to cut costs, manage networks, and optimise and maintain the quality of your services.